[be] Re: Request for updated BE .deb packages? (for Mint)

From: Jonathan Marsden
Subject: [be] Re: Request for updated BE .deb packages? (for Mint)
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 11:54:48 -0700

Oreo Warpok wrote:

> That worked, Jonathan!  Thanks so much.

You're welcome.  I'll try to tidy things up and move that corrected
package into the "Crosswire Stable Packages" PPA in the next few days.

> The "About" page only says Bibledit 4.0, not 4.02. I didn't uninstall
> my previous version, so hopefully I don't have two copies installed.

No, you should be fine, apt-get (or Synaptic) manages that for you.
This is Bibledit version 4.0, packaging version 2~lucid2, and the
packaging version info does not show in the About page.  To check
exactly what bibledit packages are installed, you can run the command

  dpkg-query -W bibledit\*

If you compiled Bibledit by hand earlier, and installed it under
/usr/local, that copy will still be there, and you should probably
remove it (by hand -- I don't know of an automated way to uninstall
locally compiled BibleTime) to avoid any future confusion.  Because that
copy is not packaged, the dpkg-query command above cannot tell you about it.

> Thanks. It will be much easier to install Bibledit for my team now!

Good :)  It would probably be "safer" to have the team wait a few days,
and then ask them to use

  ppa:pkgcrosswire/ppa

for their installs, so your team members are not testing my latest
development stuff (which is not guaranteed to work) all the time :)

Jonathan