Re: [avrdude-dev] attiny10 with ftdi and bitbang

From: Hannes Weisbach
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] attiny10 with ftdi and bitbang
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 09:45:11 +0200

Hello,

> any more. This is what the "avrftdi" programmer uses, though TPI isn't
To clarify: avrftdi does not use bit banging, but a built-in serial engine
which generates SPI-Signals in hardware.
TPI is not implemented yet. I just looked at the AVR918 application note and
TPI could be implemented for avrftdi. However, I have at this point neither
time nor the hardware.
> implemented there, and I think FT232R's are not supported. I may be
That is correct, but FT232H are supported - but not in TPI-mode.
> wrong about this though.

Best Regards,
Hannes Weisbach