Re: [avrdude-dev] attiny10 with ftdi and bitbang

From: Darell Tan
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] attiny10 with ftdi and bitbang
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 01:55:42 +0800

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Hannes Weisbach
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok. To clarify:
> - I copied tpi_program_enable(), tpi_nvm_waitbusy(), tpi_chip_erase() and
> cmd_tpi(). I renamed them from usbasp_* to avrftdi_* (except cmd_tpi, which I
> got from bitbang.c and I also changed the code a little).
> - I've implemented pendants to usbasp_tpi_send_byte() and
> usbasp_tpi_recv_byte() for avrftdi ("physical layer"). In contrast to usbasp
> I do parity check and return error codes (maybe usbasp does it in the
> firmware - at least I believe it is firmware-based).
> - As I said in my first email, I only read out the device ID (command line:
> "avrdude -c 4232h -p attiny10") and indeed I have not yet implemented paged
> read/write access (partly because it was late, partly because I couldn't
> think of an elegant way).
> Sorry for not being more clearly earlier.

No problems, I was just wondering.

"Paged" read and writes are being handled through the use of
post-increment instructions. In this mode, it allows an address to be
set once and subsequent reads automatically increment the address. The
same goes for write.

The relevant code is already in avr_read and avr_write functions.

--
Regards,
Darell Tan