Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude Gui problem

From: Dave N6NZ
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude Gui problem
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:01:17 -0800

Dave N6NZ wrote:
Something I mentioned a while back that seems to have been lost in the noise is the idea of implementing the gui front-end as a web browser interface.

Upon further reflection, I'm thinking my original ideas for a web interface to avrdude can be simplified. Why not create a simple cgi interface layer on top of the avrdude back-end library? I think all the functionality necessary could be implemented as simple cgi calls, and then the gui can become a browser-neutral set of web pages.

The "factory floor" problem then becomes a matter of modifying/extending the html.

-dave