Re: Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude Gui problem

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude Gui problem
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:30:59 +0100

As SimonQian wrote:

> >Please don't -- not this way, I mean.

> OK,I stopped the project. But actually I have finished the alpha
> version, I wrote this mainly for factory use(special bytes and
> serial number), it works well with my AVRminiProg_Full.

Well, for that kind of purpose, it's probably OK, in particular since
you can have it much faster then than a full-featured integrated GUI
version, and for your purpose, you can probably live with the bad side
effects.

> I am not sure whether Avrdude will continue to use the original
> configure file format.

Very likely it won't.  Adding all the parameters for the Xmega (and
even more, maybe for the AVR32) using the current format is going to
be a pain in the back.