RE: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude Gui problem

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude Gui problem
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:26:12 -0600

The .zip file places it out of the scope of avrdude.

The discussion is about adding a GUI to avrdude. Again, not something
that is all-singing, all-dancing. Some people may want a .zip file that
includes the world. Some people may just want the ELF file. Obviously a
simple GUI is certainly one route that is preferred by many people,
witness the popularity of AVR Studio for programming. I don't understand
why this is such a difficult argument to accept.

I certainly don't want to turn this into a bike-shed event, but it seems
to be going that route.