Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude Gui problem

From: Dave N6NZ
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude Gui problem
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:55:22 -0800

Weddington, Eric wrote:
Obviously a
simple GUI is certainly one route that is preferred by many people,
witness the popularity of AVR Studio for programming. I don't understand
why this is such a difficult argument to accept.
Rest assured, I believe whole-heartedly in simple. But useful beats simple every time.

The only reason I keep pushing these annoying questions is that I think the emphasis needs to be on *useful*, not a gui just to have a check mark beside "has a gui". There is a way to serve both ends if we search for it.

Remember, it was EW that said "factory floor" is a justification for a gui. But so far, EW has rejected the input that came from people with actual factory floor experience (and I don't mean me by that.)

-dave