[avrdude-dev] programming 128

From: Erick Castillo
Subject: [avrdude-dev] programming 128
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 19:13:54 -0700 (PDT)

I've got three main questions.

I'm currently trying to program an atmega128. The first thing i'd like to
do is get it out of 103 compatibility mode. I ran the following command

r ef

but i'm not sure what the output of this is telling me. I get the
following line:

0000 00                         |.      |

How do I read this?

Also, for some odd reason, I cannot get through the verification process
in avrdude. I'm using the exact same method as I did with some atmega32
chips that I had and always erase before i load. For some reason, I get
the same mismatch at the exact same location, 0x0000.

0x0c != 0x00

Any ideas on this one?

Finally, when I erase the atmega128 I get an erase-rewrite cycle count. I
never got this before when I erased the atmega32 chips. Are there any
concerns here?

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.
--Erick