Re: [avrdude-dev] [avr910] Programing paged flash memory?

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [avr910] Programing paged flash memory?
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:57:46 +0200

On Wednesday 14 May 2003 07:35, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2003, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
> :)The information we need in already in the config fine (paged=<yes/no>,
> :)page_size=<sz>), so it should not be too difficult to add it.
>
> Ok, it was rather trivial so I knocked it out. I have committed the
> attached patch.

Quick and dirty, but works fine for me (ATmega161 ;-)

> I think this should be compatible with the older (pre 2.0) avr910 firmware
> which doesn't seem to support either paged writes or addr-auto-incr.

Looks like, but don't expect old firmware to program ATmega ;-)

> Comparing the new avrdude output with uisp, I see a slight difference at
> the page boundary. For uisp:
[...]
> Uisp seems to send the addr before and after the 'm' command, while avrdude
> doesn't. Programming the m163 is successful in with both programs though,
> so it doesn't seem to matter at least for the m163, but I'd like to see
> some more data points before I say it's correct.

The datasheet of all AVRs I have seen so far say that the page address bits
don't care for "load program memory page" command ('c' and 'C').
However, this is not the case for bootloader SPM commands.

But since it works, I tend to believe the datasheet ;-)

Many thanks for the quick response.

 Jan-Hinnerk