Re: [avrdude-dev] [avr910] Programing paged flash memory?

From: Jan-Hinnerk Reichert
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [avr910] Programing paged flash memory?
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 04:14:25 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 14. Mai 2003 01:09 schrieb Theodore A. Roth:
> On Wed, 14 May 2003, Jan-Hinnerk Reichert wrote:
> :) Hi all,
> :)
> :) It seems that neither avrdude 4.1.0 nor the CVS-version is able of
> :) programming paged flash memory with the avr910. Is anybody working
> :) on it?
> :)
> :) If not, I'm willing to give it a try ;-)
>
> Can you give some more info?

Yes, of course. Some time ago I have completely rewritten an AVR910 compatible
programmer on an AT90S2313, so I'm quite familiar with the protocol. i have
obtained all information by studying the atmel source code of avr910 version
2.2.

The avr910 will not perform a page write, unless it is told to by means of the
"issue page write" command (that is 'm').

BTW: Before this command the address has to be the beginning of the page. The
address is not changed by the "issue page write"-command.

I didn't find any 'm' in the avrdude-output. And there doesn't seem to be any
related code in "avr910.c".

> Which device are you programming?

ATmega161, but the device type shouldn't make a difference ;-(

 Jan-Hinnerk