Re: [avrdude-dev] [avr910] Programing paged flash memory?

From: Lou
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [avr910] Programing paged flash memory?
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 15:31:33 +0200

On 13 May 2003 at 21:43, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> I assume this is what you are talking about. For page programming, we need
> to send the 'm' command at the end of each page.

Maybe he could even mean a "multi-word" page programming, as the
one described here
  http://tlw.com/bryce/robot/avr/
  (see patch.mword-write)
That saves *a lot of time* for programming. I used a similar
feature in a custom bootloader, sending a full page without a
'c'/'C' sequence for each word, and waiting for the answer back
-- in my case I added a final 16 bit checksum.
Thought I already mentioned that on this forum, but it passed
unnoticed...

Lou