Re: [avrdude-dev] Release?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Release?
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:04:32 +0100

As Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> Another idea (which Joerg won't like ;-) is to move the contents of
> CHANGELOG in to NEWS and use ChangeLog for patch level changes. I've
> found it quite useful with other projects for quickly figuring out
> what someone has committed. Without it, I have to dig about in cvs
> to find which files were changed. Also, there's a lot more that
> happens than makes it into the CHANGELOG file.

Do it if you want.  I much prefer the automatism that FreeBSD is using
over having to manually edit ChangeLog each time (or rather forget
about it :), but given our limited access to the repository, i doubt
that would happen anytime soon.

I agree that some file to quickly review the CVS changes is useful,
i'm only used to more convenient methods than ChangeLog (and more
meaningful ones -- ChangeLog usually only contains a single line of
information which is often far too little in my opinion).