Re: [avrdude-dev] make distcheck

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] make distcheck
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:48:44 -0500

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 05:38:53PM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:

> Then the only peer pressure I have to add, is a WinAVR release
> including avrdude, probably on March 11 (early AM) as I'll be using
> the 20030310 snapshots of binutils, gcc, and avr-libc (hint, hint Ted
> :-)).

Sounds good to me.  As far as coordinating this, we could call the
current cvs contents a release candidate (nothing formal, just a "Hey,
I think everything's ready"), and then we can all check it out, and
make sure it all builds cleanly on all of our relevant platforms.
Assuming it all works and passes whatever criteria we apply, then we
tag the tree?  Then maybe someone can do a 'make dist' and upload the
results into the download area?  Is that how this normally works?

Cheers,
-Brian