Re: [avrdude-dev] make distcheck

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] make distcheck
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:47:33 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Brian Dean wrote:

:) I'm a little concerned about if someone has an incompatible one
:) installed that is found in the PATH.  This would likely be the case on
:) FreeBSD, since, at present, /usr/local/bin/autoheader will be version
:) 2.53.  I installed the later versions under a different prefix so that
:) the new ones don't interfere with anything else.

That is a concern. I'm trying to see if different versions generate
different ac_cfg.h files. Although, I'm having a struggle with getting
autoheader to run:

address@hidden:~/dev/tools/avrdude-cvs/obj-2.57-1.7$ make
cd .. && /bin/sh /home/roth/dev/tools/avrdude-cvs/missing --run autoheader
touch ../ac_cfg.h.in
cd . && /bin/sh ./config.status ac_cfg.h
config.status: creating ac_cfg.h
config.status: ac_cfg.h is unchanged

I need to work on this more, but will have to wait until later
tonight.

Ted