Re: [avrdude-dev] make distcheck

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] make distcheck
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 19:12:34 -0500

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 03:38:20PM -0800, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

> It will still work.

Ok, cool.

> But, I just did a test and I think I need to have
> configure.ac check for autoconf and if it's not found, then revert the
> using the missing script. I'll work on this some more tonight.

I'm a little concerned about if someone has an incompatible one
installed that is found in the PATH.  This would likely be the case on
FreeBSD, since, at present, /usr/local/bin/autoheader will be version
2.53.  I installed the later versions under a different prefix so that
the new ones don't interfere with anything else.

> The (undocumented) plan was to revert it just before making an
> official dist, commit the official version, tag it and roll the dist
> tarball. After the tarball is ok, bump the version, reinstate the cvs
> suffix and commit.

Oh, OK, that sounds fine.  There are tools on FreeBSD for managing the
Ports tree like 'portupgrade' that tries to look at what it thinks is
the version string on two packages, compare them, and figure out which
one is later.  Sometimes stuff like that confuses the tools, but if it
will be removed when the release sources are rolled, then it won't be
present as far as the FreeBSD ports tree is concerned.

-Brian