Re: [avr-libc-dev] atmega6490a support

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] atmega6490a support
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 14:21:37 +0000

On Saturday 16 April 2011, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> > But i have added gmp 5.0.1 in the source directory of gcc, and even added
> > LDFLAGS="-Wl,-search_paths_first" as configure option (although that
> > should not be necessary).
>
> Did you try --with-gmp=/usr/local/or/wherever/it/is ?

Well actually i wanted to use my own gmp. That is way i added them to the
source, see http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html:

  "Alternatively, if a GMP source distribution is found in a subdirectory
  of your GCC sources named gmp, it will be built together with GCC. "

This used to work under darwin 10.5 (Leopard) but does not seem to
work any more under 10.6 (Snow Leopard). BTW i tried this to

 --with-gmp=.../bla/local-build-tree

but no succes either.  If i don't supply them it fails because my
onboard GMP is too low a version:

   configure: error: Cannot find GMP version 4.1.3 or higher.

The one of Chris don't. That is also strange.

I asked the mprf boys, they did not understood it
  http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.mpfr.general
(btw link will expire in a few days)

Asked the gcc cross-compiling newsgroup too, no luck there.

I think gcc took a bad turn making it depend on all those
libs  (gmp,mpfr,mpc,ppl,cloog) of which you never have the
correct version for your system. (and which have version
dependencies among each other too) It seems they forgot us
cross compilers out there.

regards,
Ruud