[avr-libc-dev] atmega6490a support

From: Chris Marrin
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] atmega6490a support
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 17:12:00 -0700

I'm trying to build the entire AVR toolchain for mac and am getting very
frustrated. I've built gcc 4.5.2 and then tried to build avr-libc 1.7.1. It
failed because it could not find the tiny2313a device. I fixed that with a
patch I got from here:

http://www.makehackvoid.com/sites/default/files/mhvavrtools-src.20110306.7z

Now it's failing because it can't find the atmega6490a device. I can't find any
mention of that device in any mail traffic on any of the lists I've tried. I
did find a patch with that device on the avr-libc site:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/avr-gcc/files/patch-newdevices?rev=1.21;content-type=text%2Fplain

That contains a patch for the device, but it seems to be a diff from an ancient
gcc 4.3.4 version.

I'm scratching my head about why this is such a difficult build. Is anyone else
having these issues? Am I missing something simple? I'm using the instructions
on the avr-libc site to do the build.

-----
~Chris
address@hidden