Re: [avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlibfunctionalitytoavr-libc

From: Ruud Vlaming
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlibfunctionalitytoavr-libc
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 18:13:24 +0200

On Saturday 19 September 2009 17:41, Weddington, Eric wrote:
> [...]
Ok, kicking in from the side line ... I am very pleased
with the initiative.

> Personally I find the camel style hard to read. Having spaces
> (underscores) help to separate words,
Exactly the reason why i don't use them. I like a compact code style
so the few spaces present should stand out as spaces. I often confuse
the underscore with spaces. Its camelCase for me, that is, in my own
programs. But i would certainly say, make the new lib in the style
of what is already there. Don't mix styles.

> Camel style is also very Microsoft-ish, whereas lowercase style
> with underscores is very typical of the C language and C run
> time library.
The latter maybe be true, the former is no argument at all,
and even if so, whats wrong with Microsoft apart from a
few of their operating systems and most of their programms?
I did not know they invented camel, (lets look, i think
i have some old basic programs on the PET in camel),
and even if they did, lets pick the cherries. (But probably
they copied it from someone too ... ;-)

Well anyway, nice that this is all hapening!!

Ruud