RE: [avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlibfunctionalitytoavr-libc

From: wutje
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlibfunctionalitytoavr-libc
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 02:01:04 +0200

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:39:24 -0600, "Weddington, Eric"
<address@hidden> wrote:
> [...]

Ah phew, you guys are so fast I thought my suggestions might be to late.
Since AVR is a weird abbrevation and surrounded by some myths we might as
well go that way:

Well since this is avr libc 'the next step' it's like avr++ which in a
literal sence would be bwr (a+1, v+1, r+1). Which happens to coincide with
burbon/beer, whisky, scotch. So libbwr. Where beer might refer to a
possible license...
On the other hand we could do something as simple as inverting AVR to RVA,
which would be Real Value Addition/Really Value Adding or something that
suits the "marketing" issue.

Besides, since it might not be exactly a library (a HD44780 driver from
within a all purpose library would never perform like a 'normal' file) I
personally don't think spotting -l'what ever' is that a big issue.

Oh and I prefer the spi_init syntax as well. And I prefer SVN. Just my two
cents.

Wouter