Re: [avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlibfunctionalitytoavr-libc

From: Frédéric Nadeau
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Adding (some) Procyon AVRlibfunctionalitytoavr-libc
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 20:11:59 -0400

> Well since this is avr libc 'the next step' it's like avr++ which in a
> literal sence would be bwr (a+1, v+1, r+1). Which happens to coincide with
> burbon/beer, whisky, scotch. So libbwr. Where beer might refer to a
> possible license...
> On the other hand we could do something as simple as inverting AVR to RVA,
> which would be Real Value Addition/Really Value Adding or something that
> suits the "marketing" issue.

The "++" kinda lead me to believe that would be C++ code. But I like
the Free as a beer :)

> Besides, since it might not be exactly a library (a HD44780 driver from
> within a all purpose library would never perform like a 'normal' file) I
> personally don't think spotting -l'what ever' is that a big issue.

What do you mean by "would never perform like a normal file"?

> Oh and I prefer the spi_init syntax as well. And I prefer SVN. Just my two
> cents.

SVN is the default SourceForge repository. CVS is available though. I
also vote for SVN since the project would most likely have files
moving around alot at the beginning. CVS does not support file moving.
Any advice on that manner? Should we consider CVS or SVN?

I think that will go with the spi_init syntax since avr-libc seems to
be using that.

--
Frédéric Nadeau ing. jr