[avr-libc-dev] Re: AVR toolset on Linux, Mac?

From: Bernhard Walle
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: AVR toolset on Linux, Mac?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:56:40 +0100

* E. Weddington [17.03.2005 22:44]:
Hello All!

I just realized that I've had two seperate private threads going about getting the AVR toolset built for the Linux platform.

Anton, meet Knut. Knut, meet Anton. :-)
You both are interested in reproducing WinAVR on Linux and have asked me seperately about information.

Since the departure of Ted Roth from the project, there has been a vacuum in the Linux community for binary distributions (lets call them "distros") of the AVR toolset. Some people know of the existance of the "cdk4avr" project on SF: ......... I just did a quick check for it and now I can't seem to find it on SF. Perhaps it's defunct and been removed? Anyway, that *used* to be the only known Linux distro of the AVR toolset, but last I heard it was out-of-date.

I provide RPMs at http://turing.fh-landshut.de/~bwalle/avr/.

Regards,
Bernhard