[avr-libc-dev] Re: AVR toolset on Linux, Mac?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avr-libc-dev] Re: AVR toolset on Linux, Mac?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:25:14 +0100

As E. Weddington wrote:

> Some people know of the existance of the "cdk4avr" project on SF:
> ......... I just did a quick check for it and now I can't seem to
> find it on SF. Perhaps it's defunct and been removed?

It was completely out of date, alas, when I checked it last time
(about a month ago), so that defeated the entire idea behind it.

> Anyone know where RPMs might be hosted? Jörg, isn't it correct that
> Savannah frowns on hosting binaries? Perhaps SourceForge would be
> ok?

Savannah is OK, too, but they don't offer subdirectories in the
download areas (yet again, after the crack).  One idea would be to
use the "AVR Super-Project"'s download area for this.

> I think that would just leave Solaris as the only platform left
> without a binary distro... :-)

It shouldn't bee too difficult to post them to sunfreeware.com. ;-)

As Bernhard Walle wrote:

> I provide RPMs at http://turing.fh-landshut.de/~bwalle/avr/.

The only question is how stable that kind of URL would be.  See, even
Jason Kyle eventually gave up hosting the mailing lists on avr1.org.