arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] How does tag work?

From: Walter Landry
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] How does tag work?
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:51:29 -0500 (EST)

Kevin Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> I feel like an idiot, but I haven't figured out how to tag my tree with
> arx. I was using 2.0, and now am trying 2.1.1. Neither the manual nor
> the --help provide enough information for me to figure out what the two
> parameters need to be for this very basic operation.
>
> I did an initial checkin (init-tree, add, commit), and now I want to tag
> this version so I can get back to it. Here is the command I try, and the
> resulting error which seems very cryptic:
>

> address@hidden waldron $ arx tag waldron-initial v0.0.1
> Can't read the log message in the archive
>          file:///home/kevins/_arx-archive/waldron-initial/,4294967295/log
>

> This also seems like odd and unhelpful output:
>
> address@hidden waldron $ arx diff
> No patch logs presfent for this branch
>          address@hidden/waldron-initial
>
> More examples would definitely be helpful.

Are you sure you ran commit?  I get the exact same errors if I try
these things and I have not commited waldron-initial.

In any case, I have improved the error messages.  For the first, it
now says

  This branch has no revisions in the archive
        address@hidden/wladron

and the second says

  In this tree, there are no patch logs for this branch
        address@hidden/Hello
  Did you forget to commit?

This is up to arx.2.1,101.

Walter