arx-users

[Arx-users] How does tag work?

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: [Arx-users] How does tag work?
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:10:45 -0500

I feel like an idiot, but I haven't figured out how to tag my tree with arx. I was using 2.0, and now am trying 2.1.1. Neither the manual nor the --help provide enough information for me to figure out what the two parameters need to be for this very basic operation.

I did an initial checkin (init-tree, add, commit), and now I want to tag this version so I can get back to it. Here is the command I try, and the resulting error which seems very cryptic:

address@hidden waldron $ arx tag waldron-initial v0.0.1
Can't read the log message in the archive
        file:///home/kevins/_arx-archive/waldron-initial/,4294967295/log

This also seems like odd and unhelpful output:

address@hidden waldron $ arx diff
No patch logs presfent for this branch
        address@hidden/waldron-initial

More examples would definitely be helpful.

Kevin