aleader-dev

[Aleader-dev] Open Heart (was Re: Pronouns)

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Aleader-dev] Open Heart (was Re: Pronouns)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 12:28:17 +0530

I am becoming convinced that your "Open Heart" idea is the best way to
move forward.  What _I_ need is a rigorous empirical test for _my_
affective theory.  However, very few people seem interested in
this research direction.  So it seems like a good hedge to design
the project to easily encompasses other theories.  That should
widen the appeal.  I think it is worth considering anything
which can widen the appeal.

Postpone enquiry into the details of my pronoun proposal.  Now I
suggest going ahead with "Open Heart" with these tweaks:

+ There shall be accomodation for competing KR models of affect.

+ "Heart Logic" seems like a better name.  ("Open Heart" is a little
bit too similar to "Open Heart Surgery".)

What's the next step?

We need to agree on licensing -- GPL?

We need to decide on implementation -- Perl + Mysql + Apache?

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/aleader