advocate

Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Two thoughts: automated conversion, and radio4al

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] Two thoughts: automated conversion, and radio4all.net.
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 12:23:28 -0400

Andreas K. Foerster wrote:
> If you want to see just an occasional video, it is much less hassle.
> Just clicking a link is a lot easier,

That's all I do to download the file.  It downloads to /tmp and opens in
vlc automatically.  Then, if I /want/ to keep it, I can just move it to
~/Videos.

To stream the file, I have to go to VLC and open the stream from there;
there might be an easier way, but I don't see the point.

> Of course, the best solution is to offer both.

Agreed.  That is effectively what they're doing here.

Matt Flaschene