ruqueue-devel

RE: [Ruqueue-devel] Delete a Queue?

From: Montana Quiring
Subject: RE: [Ruqueue-devel] Delete a Queue?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:52:05 -0500

Yup, it's fixed now. Thanks John.

-Montana Quiring

-----Original Message-----
From: John Fulton [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 1:33 PM
To: Montana Quiring
Cc: address@hidden

 > Montana Quiring wrote:
 >
 >> John Fulton wrote:
 >>
 >> > On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Montana Quiring wrote:
 >> >
 >> > Is it possible to delete a Queue? I feel like I'm missing
 >> > something obvious.
 >>
 >> Under the Configuration tab:
 >>
 >>  Queues --> $queue --> Basics
 >>
 >> Then you'll see a form containing:
 >>
 >>  Enabled: (Unchecking this box disables this queue)
 >>
 >> So you can disable queues, but not delete them (via the web
 >> interface).  This was done intentionally since we assumed that the
 >> tickets in the queue shouldn't be without a queue.  If you disable
 >> a queue it should disaper from the menu of queues that you can use
 >> when creating a ticket.
 >
 > I did try that before posting, but... when you create a new ticket
 > it still shows up, and in other places it does not. Is there
 > something I can change so that it doesn't show up in the drop down
 > list of Queue's when you create a new ticket?

Looks like you found a bug.  After disabling a queue it *should* not
show up in the pull-down menu.  This was the case for the "show all
queues" view (it was working) but it was broken in the "show limited
queues" (the default view).

I fixed the bug and applied the changes to CVS:

http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/ruqueue/ruqueue/web-interface/functio
ns/functions-index.php?root=ruqueue&sortby=date&r2=1.4&r1=1.3

Aside from cleaning up the code, the GetQueuesUserCanSee function
just needed to exclude the disabled queues.  The new variable
$priv_view_limit in this function pretty much explains what the issue
was and how it was fixed.

If you download a new functions-index.php file:

http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/ruqueue/ruqueue/web-interface/functio
ns/functions-index.php?rev=1.4&root=ruqueue&sortby=date&view=log

and put it in web-interface/functions, it should fix your problem.

   John