Re: Tools for harmonic analysis (Riemann style)

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Tools for harmonic analysis (Riemann style)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 17:31:07 +0200

Hi Urs, Lukas, and everybody,

Am 26.04.19 um 14:45 schrieb Lukas-Fabian Moser:
And @Malte, am I wrong if I remember that I saw some work on functional analysis symbols done by you?

that’s true. For my thesis I needed such symbols for use both in LaTeX and LilyPond. I had made a LilyPond solution that uses a lot of string magic and markup functions but wasn’t able to include that into LaTeX. So then I decided I would need a software-independent solution and tried OpenType magic. The result is a font that I can use in LilyPond, LaTeX, LibreOffice, and other programs that support OpenType features. The current state is only a proof of concept without proper documentation and without really knowing whether I’ve done the OpenType magic correctly. But it’s been good enough for my needs so far. You can find it at https://github.com/mmeyn/Riemann. For usage, have a look at http://notat.io/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=403.

I’d very much like to improve that solution and make it more feature-complete, better usable, and less hacky. But that would probably need some expertise on OpenType and fonts in general.

Cheers,
Malte