Re: Tools for harmonic analysis (Riemann style)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Tools for harmonic analysis (Riemann style)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 14:03:47 +0200

Hi Harm,

Am 26.04.19 um 13:47 schrieb Thomas Morley:
Am Fr., 26. Apr. 2019 um 13:30 Uhr schrieb Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
Hi all,

finally I'm in need of symbols for harmonic analysis (in about the
Riemann flavour). I would go for it by creating a lyrics-like context
for the horizontal and vertical alignment and produce some functions
that would create combined markups or stencils for the symbols.
Additional challenges would be to define practical ways to use something
like stanzas for modulations and boxes around that (a sample image
attached).

I might also be willing to use LaTeX for the creation of the symbols
because I could then combine efforts for a standalone LaTeX package to
produce the symbols in continuous text too.

But before going down that road I wanted to ask if someone else can
point me either to existing code or to a better approach ...

Thanks
Urs
Hi Urs,

there's
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=967

Thank you for the pointer.

Not sure whether it fits all your needs, though.

Probably not (can't look into it *right now*), but will definitely provide me with sufficient fundamentals (pun intended) to get started.

Best
Urs

Cheers,
   Harm