iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] ladcca support

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] ladcca support
Date: 06 Feb 2003 12:17:24 +0000

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 00:15, Josh Green wrote:

> I gave it a look over and then applied it to CVS which is now checked
> in. I did make a couple minor changes. Accessing the iiwu_sfont_t
> structure as a iiwu_defsfont_t to get its file name seemed like a hack,
> so I went ahead and used the iiwu_sfont_get_name macro instead (although
> this is not yet in a public header, should it be Peter?).

Ah, I didn't realise the get_name function returned the *file* name :)
Should have checked I suppose.

> Otherwise I
> pretty much applied it as is. If you could check it though to see if it
> works, I'd appreciate it (don't yet have your 0.3 version of ladcca).

There were a few problems which I've fixed with the attached patch;
mainly to do with ordering of functions and defines.  I also realised a
big potential problem in that the functions in alsa_jack.c are used
outside of the iiwusynth program by other programs using libiiwusynth.
The ladcca functions obviously should only be called if they're in the
iiwusynth program, so I added an "ladcca.enabled" setting which is set
in the main() in iiwusynth.c.

I also changed the default behaviour of the jack port connecting to
*not* connect by default.  This makes things a lot easier with ladcca,
and I'm sure other things.  You can set audio.jack.autoconnect to 1 and
it will connect again.  I added a -j, --connect-jack-outputs command
line option to do that.

> also applied your pkgconfig stuff that you sent a few weeks back, looks
> like it never did make its way into CVS.

Cool beans.

> Also, when compiling ladcca (version 0.2) I had to add a "#include
> <pthread.h>" to clients/synth/synth.c or gcc would complain about
> "SCHED_FIFO" not being defined.

Cheers.  I've added it to my tree now.

> Thanks for the patches, now I've got a
> better idea of what ladcca looks like from it :) Cheers.

No problems :)

Bob

--
Bob Ham <address@hidden>