iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] ladcca support

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] ladcca support
Date: 05 Feb 2003 10:34:51 +0000

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 06:17, Josh Green wrote:

> near future I'm sure. I'd say post the patch and someone will get around
> to merging it properly :)

Will do.

> On a side note.. I had a look at ladcca. I'm currently adding XML
> session save/restore support to Swami for the upcoming 1.0 branch. I
> would really like to see this integrated with inter-app session
> management. I notice that ladcca has Jack and ALSA sequencer support,
> but that it also mentions being able to save arbitrary config state. Is
> this correct?

It is indeed.  There's two ways to store data with ladcca.  First is
giving the server your arbitrary data and letting it store it.  The data
is indexed with a key.  Here's an example snippet:

  foo_t foo;
  cca_client_t * client;
  cca_config_t * config;
  config = cca_config_new_with_key ("some data");
  cca_config_set_value (config, &foo, sizeof (foo));
  cca_send_config (client, config);

That will send the data to the server and it will store it for you.
This is usually done in response to the server telling you to save.
When the session is restored, the server will tell you it's going to
send you some configs and then it will send back everything you've sent
it.

The other way is to just use normal save files.  You tell the server
that you save your data to a file and when it tells you to save the
data, it tells you a directory that you can save into.  This is a
directory soley for that particular client, so you can do anything in it
to save the state.

There's a good introduction to how the whole system works here:

http://pkl.net/~node/software/ladcca-manual-html-split/ladcca-manual_3.html

Bob

--
Bob Ham <address@hidden>