iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] ladcca support

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] ladcca support
Date: 04 Feb 2003 22:17:09 -0800

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 15:36, Bob Ham wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've added ladcca support to my version of the cvs tree, but I'm
> wondering if I should submit a patch to you guys or include it with the
> ladcca tarball.  A patch would require the unreleased version of ladcca
> that I'll put out in a few days or so.  So, I'm just wondering if it's
> worth me giving you the patch now, waiting until after the ladcca
> release, or including it with the ladcca release.
>
> Bob
>
> --
> Bob Ham <address@hidden>

I imagine it should be a part of the first FluidSynth release (well
under the new name). Not sure when this is going to happen, but I think
there is still some testing to do, before everything is finalized. Its
been a little quiet here lately.. Things will be picking up again in the
near future I'm sure. I'd say post the patch and someone will get around
to merging it properly :)

On a side note.. I had a look at ladcca. I'm currently adding XML
session save/restore support to Swami for the upcoming 1.0 branch. I
would really like to see this integrated with inter-app session
management. I notice that ladcca has Jack and ALSA sequencer support,
but that it also mentions being able to save arbitrary config state. Is
this correct? A Swami session would consist of the GUI layout state as
well as driver objects and loaded patch files. It sounds like ladcca
does exactly what I was looking for.. Just want to make sure before I
dive into yet another sub project of Swami.. I feel like I'm getting
lost in lots of API design. One of these days, I hope I can look back
and say that it was all worth it :)

Cheers.
        Josh Green