Re: Accessing "Introduction to Emacs Lisp Manual" from Info within Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Accessing "Introduction to Emacs Lisp Manual" from Info within Emacs.
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 21:14:41 +0300

> Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 16:02:51 +0000
> From: uzibalqa <uzibalqa@proton.me>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> If I am in Info (dir)Top, why not allow me using "g" without the parentheses.

You are not supposed to use 'g' in this situation.

You have taken the least useful response to your questions and
disregarded all the rest.  The other responses would allow you to find
this manual much easier, without all the weird quirks that the 'g'
command requires.  Using 'g' for going to another manual is considered
"advanced usage" of Info, so it uses tricky syntax, and newbies are
well advised to stay away.