Re: Accessing "Introduction to Emacs Lisp Manual" from Info within Emacs

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Re: Accessing "Introduction to Emacs Lisp Manual" from Info within Emacs.
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 19:17:31 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Saturday, July 8th, 2023 at 7:07 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 18:32:21 +0000
> > From: uzibalqa uzibalqa@proton.me
> > Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

> > > We already do.
> >
> > Nodes are not categorised when scrolling down Info (dir)Top and reaching
> > Emacs.
> > All Emacs nodes huddled together.
>

> Which is exactly the categorization that we want to have there, to
> make it easier for users to find Emacs-related items.

Am not objecting to having Emacs-related items together.  The suggestion is
to sub-categorise the different Emacs-related items under the Emacs Heading.

Obviously, some are basic (e.g. emacs and elisp manuals), others are about
special modes (CC, Octave, Org), whilst others are much more advanced (mail
systems and other interfaces).