Re: Accessing "Introduction to Emacs Lisp Manual" from Info within Emacs

From: uzibalqa
Subject: Re: Accessing "Introduction to Emacs Lisp Manual" from Info within Emacs.
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 15:31:51 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Saturday, July 8th, 2023 at 2:49 AM, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 14:34:35 +0000
> > From: uzibalqa uzibalqa@proton.me
> > Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

> > > It's on the Help menu, under "More Manuals".
> > >
> > > Alternatively, "C-h i" shows a large menu, where you should be able to
> > > find this manual as one of the possibilities.
> >
> > I can easily get the "Emacs Manual", the "Emacs Lisp Manual". Both with
> > "C-h i m" . So way skip "Emacs Lisp Intro".
> >
> > I do not have to search for the two aforementioned manuals, so let's not
> > have users search for "Emacs Lisp Intro" either.
> >
> > This is my suggestion
> >
> > C-h i m elintr <Ret>
>
> We have a better one: "C-h i m Emacs Lisp Intro RET"

Could we group the Emacs Nodes according to some categorisation ?

EMACS

Emacs Manuals
* Emacs: (emacs).               The extensible self-documenting text editor.
* Emacs FAQ: (efaq).            Frequently Asked Questions about Emacs.
* Elisp: (elisp).               The Emacs Lisp Reference Manual.
* Emacs Lisp Intro: (eintr).    Simple introduction to Emacs Lisp programming.

Emacs Modes
* CC Mode: (ccmode).            Emacs mode for editing C, C++, Objective-C,
                                  Java, Pike, AWK, and CORBA IDL code.
* IDLWAVE: (idlwave).           Major mode and shell for IDL files.
* Octave mode: (octave-mode).   Emacs mode for editing GNU Octave files.
* Org Mode: (org).              Outline-based notes management and organizer.
* VHDL Mode: (vhdl-mode).       Emacs mode for editing VHDL code.
* nXML Mode: (nxml-mode).       XML editing mode with RELAX NG support.

> > Furthermore, please note that after calling 'm' users cannot input strings
> > with spaces for "Emacs Lisp Intro".
>

> They can in my Emacs.

I must have been in some other mode rather than "Info (dir)Top".