freecats-dev

Re: [Freecats-Dev] Is there any Software Architect aboard?

From: Dan Urist
Subject: Re: [Freecats-Dev] Is there any Software Architect aboard?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:06:06 -0600

Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:

OK. Do we really want to go SOAP/WSDL way??? I don't like it (SOAP is
definitelly going to be a new CORBA, but without efficiency of the binary
messages). But the approach is workable.

SOAP is the easiest way to get OpenOffice BASIC to talk to something else; there are also SOAP libraries available for almost every language, and at least for the SOAP::Lite perl module, it's easy to scale up a server since you can run it under apache (I imagine the same is true for python).

Dan, is your code available somewhere?

There is an older version available at http://translatewrite.com; as soon as I get the new version packaged in RPMs I'll let you know.

--
Daniel J. Urist