freecats-dev

[Freecats-Dev] Perl, Python, Ruby...

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] Perl, Python, Ruby...
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:05:49 +0200

Hi all,

I finally found out why I had not received the last messages on the list, I
had only changed part of my parameters when my old e-mail address,
address@hidden, ceased to exist along with its domain.

After a little tour through the archives, here I am again :-)

QUESTION for each of you here !
So, yes, each of these languages seems to have its pros and cons. And what
about their (claimed) interoperability? I mean, if we were to select one of
these for our "main framework" to which we would plug everything else into,
what should we select?

As I'm a bit obsessed by GUI clients, I kept looking and found out about
wxGlade, a graphical GUI builder that enables one to work with Python and
Perl. I installed it on my Windows PC and will try to produce a few basic
things with it (mock-ups of would-be Free CATS clients).

I find it looks good, actually (the overall look is pretty). I'm not
completely lost after 10 minutes...

Cheers,

Henri