freecats-dev

Re: [Freecats-Dev] Perl, Python, Ruby...

From: Yves Champollion
Subject: Re: [Freecats-Dev] Perl, Python, Ruby...
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:51:35 +0200

> From: "Henri Chorand" <address@hidden>

> QUESTION for each of you here !
> So, yes, each of these languages seems to have its pros and cons. And what
> about their (claimed) interoperability? I mean, if we were to select one
of
> these for our "main framework" to which we would plug everything else
into,
> what should we select?

<flame on> my answer: (but I would hate to sound like a complainer). This
list has been talking of "what language" for ages, as far back as I can see.
This Spring's news was that after summer, some people would get down to
actually writing something we could chew on <flame off>

Henri: you're too democratic. I remember an article in "Wired" about the
linux saga. The whole operation was described to function as a benevolent
dictatorship, with Linus making the hard choices to get things moving.

yves champollion