freecats-dev

Re: [Freecats-Dev] Is there any Software Architect aboard?

From: Dan Urist
Subject: Re: [Freecats-Dev] Is there any Software Architect aboard?
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:26:00 -0600

I'm not sure I really want to step into the middle of the whole language war, and I'm definitely not applying for the position of chief architect, but I do have some more-or-less working code...

I'm currently in the process of splitting out my project (OOxlate) into separate server and client rpm packages for linux (following some very helpful suggestions by Marc Prior). This is taking a bit longer than I expected, since I've never packaged software with RPM before. I expect to get at least the server piece out sometime this week (unless of course somebody hires me in the meantime :) ). The OOo client piece will probably be another week to package.

I realize this doesn't help the folks who only run windows, but the code should run under windows if anyone is interested in trying to put together a windows package (not my area of expertise; I don't have a windows box to test on).

Hopefully at least the server will be useful to folks trying to write a client, since it's something to test against, even if it is written in perl :)

Dan Urist
--
Daniel J. Urist
address@hidden