Re: [Dvdrtools-users] creating an iso from bz2 file 3.5 GB

From: Bryan J. Smith <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] creating an iso from bz2 file 3.5 GB
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:39:46 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <address@hidden>
> You can't put huge files on an ISO9660 image because ISO9660 stores the file
> size as a signed 32bit integer --> max. size 2 GB.

Doh!  I should have realized the 2GiB limitation was in ISO9660 Yellow Book
itself.  Again, doh!

> You have to tell mkisofs to create an UDF image using the "-udf" switch.
> You'll also want to make sure you're using a current version -- older
> versions
> used a signed 32bit integer for UDF as well.

How is the UDF support in CDRecord, CDRecord-ProDVD, DVDRecord and/or
CDRecord+DVDpatch at this point?  I remember it wasn't too terribly complete
the last time I looked at it (although that was awhile ago).
Has that now changed?

--
Bryan J. Smith   mailto:address@hidden