RE: [Dvdrtools-users] Mashita DVD-RAM LF-D310

From: Pence, Alan
Subject: RE: [Dvdrtools-users] Mashita DVD-RAM LF-D310
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:46:07 -0500

Jim,

I'm in the same boat.  I have the same Panasonic drive, and tried several
things to get it to burn dvdr disks under linux (you can burn dvd-ram).
What I am currently doing is making an ISO image on a unix machine, then I
move it to my burning machine under windows and burn using windows tools.
It is a crude work-a-round.  I would much prefer to burn the disk with the
UDF format, and do it under one OS.  It does sound like the task is more
complicated than one would assume, and painful as others can write to
alternative hardware.  It sounds like Pioneer is more open with information
than Panasonic/Matshita.

Let the list know if you hear any good news.

Cheers,
-Alan