RE: [Dvdrtools-users] Mashita DVD-RAM LF-D310

From: Bryan J. Smith
Subject: RE: [Dvdrtools-users] Mashita DVD-RAM LF-D310
Date: 30 Jul 2002 09:17:16 -0400

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 09:04, Lachlan Cranswick wrote:
> The "dd" method for burning ISO images to DVDRAM (thanks to Seth Kurtzberg
> for pointing this out to me) works well when I have tried it - e.g.,
>   dd if=/tmp/isos/1.iso of=/dev/scd0
> But be wary that for the DVDRAM to be bootable (if this is
> relevant to you) - there may be a size limit for the ISO
> image (i.e., possibly less than 1 Gig for it to be bootable).
> I have not had time yes to properly investigate this - hopefully
> in late August after attending a conference.

So there is support in the kernel for _recording_ ISO images to
_DVD-R(G)_ disks on 3rd generation DVD-RAM drives that have this
capability?

Or this is just for _rewriting_ ISO images to _DVD-RAM_ disks in
general?

-- Bryan

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.    mailto:address@hidden    (407)489-7013
CompTIA A+ i-Net+ Linux+ Network+ Server+    Sun SCSA SCNA SCWSE 8