[Dvdrtools-users] Mashita DVD-RAM LF-D310

From: Jim Riggs
Subject: [Dvdrtools-users] Mashita DVD-RAM LF-D310
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 15:51:46 -0400

I am working on a system with a DVD-R drive.  A cat of /proc/scsi/scsi
produces the following:

  Vendor: MATSHITA Model: DVD-RAM LF-D310  Rev: A116
  Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02

"dvdrecord dev=1,0,0 -checkdrive" produces the following.

scsidev: '1,0,0'
scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 2
Capabilities   :
Vendor_info    : 'MATSHITA'
Identifikation : 'DVD-RAM LF-D310 '
Revision       : 'A116'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD.
./dvdrecord: Sorry, no CD/DVD-Recorder or unsupported CD/DVD-Recorder found
on this target.

Checking the dvd-users mailing list archive I noticed others having this
same problem.

Is there work in progress to get this drive supported?

Thanks