Re: [certi-dev] IEEE1516 includes

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] IEEE1516 includes
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 15:36:38 +0200

2008/10/1 Jean-Philippe Lebel <address@hidden>:
> You are right, the getRegionToken and getRegion functions were missing. in
> 3.3.0 but are available in 3.3.1.
>
> I think you should at least define them in the lib (they could
> systematically throw an exception) so the federate could link without any
> error.
>
> Also, the DLL should be named "libRTI-NG.dll" to allow DLL switching. I
> think this is part of the DLC API. Every RTI manufacturer uses the same DLL
> name. Right now, we have to do a custom compilation to support CERTI.
>
> I can take care of implementation the dummy function getRegionToken and
> getRegion but I'm not aware of your code submission policies.

Code submission policy is indeed very open.
0) get appropriate CERTI version
        a) Tagged version from tarball
            http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/certi/
        b) CVS up to date version using the read-only anonymous
checkout for that:
            https://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=certi
1) do you propose changed
2) do your testing
3) create a clean patch
        a) diff -u -r CERTI-3.X.Y-modified/  CERTI-3.X.Y/  >
beautiful-certi.patch
        b) cvs diff -u  > beautiful-certi.patch
        c) you your favorite IDE which may create patches (Eclipse, ....)
4) attached your patch to
        i) the appropriate bug report if any (you may create the bug
report first)
           https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?24420
    or ii) create a new patch proposal in the patch tracker
           https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?group=certi

Bug tracker is for bug
whereas
Patch tracker is _mainly_ for enhancement.

> Regarding the DLL's name, what's your opinion?

I did not find document about DLC for HLA 1.3,
do you have one?
Concerning 1516 I read that it should be named

librti1516.dll
librti1516.so

thus I thought the library should be called
librti.dll
librti.so

currently we have libRTI.[dll|so]