Re: [certi-dev] IEEE1516 includes

From: Jean-Philippe Lebel
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] IEEE1516 includes
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 09:12:12 -0400

You are right, the getRegionToken and getRegion functions were missing. in 3.3.0 but are available in 3.3.1.

I think you should at least define them in the lib (they could systematically throw an exception) so the federate could link without any error.

Also, the DLL should be named "libRTI-NG.dll" to allow DLL switching. I think this is part of the DLC API. Every RTI manufacturer uses the same DLL name. Right now, we have to do a custom compilation to support CERTI.

I can take care of implementation the dummy function getRegionToken and getRegion but I'm not aware of your code submission policies. Regarding the DLL's name, what's your opinion?

JPL

Gotthard, Petr wrote:
Hla 1.3 is pretty straight forward and most of the manufacturer uses

the DLC compliant API. Mak, Pitch, Virtc and Portico. Certi is
missing
some region related code to be HLA 1.3 DLC Compliant (last time I
checked).
I would really interested in having a more precise "what is missing" comment on the list and/or bug report.

I guess it's the getRegionToken() and getRegion() methods that were
recently added to RTIambServices.hh. They have no corresponding
implementation in libRTI.

Petr