bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Windows [was:gentoo]

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Windows [was:gentoo]
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 15:12:54 +0300

On Monday 26 May 2003 13:00, Abbas Izad wrote:
> From: Aryan Ameri <address@hidden>

> >Common desktop users ( at least untill the end of this decade ) will
> > use Windoze.
>
> It is spells Windows, here comes some of its most secret source code:
>
> // TOP SECRET Microsoft(c) Code
> // Project: Chicago(tm)
> // Projected release-date: Summer 1998
> #include "win31.h"
> #include "win95.h"
> #include "evenmore.h"
> #include "oldstuff.h"
> #include "bill_rulz.h"
> #define INSTALL = HARD
> char make_prog_look_big[1600000];
> void main()
> (
> while(!CRASHED) (
>      display_copyright_message();
>      display_bill_rules_message();
>      do_nothing_loop();
>      if (first_time_installation) (
>           make_50_megabyte_swapfile();
>           do_nothing_loop();
>           totally_screw_up_HPFS_file_system();
>           search_and_destroy_the_rest_of_OS/2();
>           hang_system();
>      )
>      write_something(anything);
>      display_copyright_message();
>      do_nothing_loop();
>      do_some_stuff();
>      if (still_not_crashed) (
>           display_copyright_message();
>           do_nothing_loop();
>           basically_run_windows_3.1();
>           do_nothing_loop();
>           do_nothing_loop();
>      )
> )
> if (detect_cache())
>      disable_cache();
> if (fast_cpu()) (
>      set_wait_states(lots);
>      set_mouse(speed, very_slow);
>      set_mouse(action, jumpy);
>      set_mouse(reaction, sometimes);
> )
> /* printf("Welcome to Windows 3.11"); */
> /* printf("Welcome to Windows 95"); */
> printf("Welcome to Windows 98");
> if (system_ok())
>      crash(to_dos_prompt);
> else
>      system_memory = open("a:|swp0001.swp",O_CREATE);
> while(something) (
>      sleep(5);
>      get_user_input();
>      sleep(5);
>      act_on_user_input();
>      sleep(5);
> )
> create_general_protection_fault();
> )

:-)
Humorous Indeed Abbas. So now that we are here, let me also give my tip
of the day, on windows:

Thanks to Cygwin, you can have bash and gnu-utils (like grep) on
windows. Now in any windows system, grep the file ftp.exe for
"Copyright". guess what is the outcome ?

$ strings C:\FTP.EXE | grep Copyright
@(#) Copyright (c) 1983 The Regents of the University of California.
@(#) Copyright(c) 1994 University of California at Berkley.

BSD users and anyone familiar with software licenses will immediately
recognize this as being part of the BSD license. So, Windows' TCP/IP
stack is a complete "copy & paste" of the one used in BSD. Well, that
is maybe the reason that at least TCP/IP is working in windows (to some
degree)

If anyone got to see the windows source code, I wouldn't be surprised to
see a great deal of Unix code and a great more deal of VMS code in
there (As you know, NT is derived from DEC's VMS operating system, used
on VAX machines)

Cheers

--
/* There is SCO owned IP all over the Linux kernel. SCO will hunt them.
Free software infidels are liars. We will kill them all, and roast their

Aryan Ameri