bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] gentoo

From: Abbas Izad
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] gentoo
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 07:27:09 +0000

It seems it has been developed for developer but in my oponion, for common desktop users it has
to be market as preinstalled systems.
By the way, what did you use for USE-flags?
one more thing is that KDE 3.1.2 is slow and a bit jumpy on my system.
I read in gentoo mailing list that there is some problem for ATI-radeon graphics modules. maybe that's why my kde act a bit strange. what do you think about this kde-release?

/Abbas

Yes, the compilation proccess is very slower than what you expect. All the
optimization features gentoo added to gcc and also using gcc3.2 - which IS
slow- caused that. But really nice distro, isn't it? Especially when you want
to do development.