wxruby-dev

RE: [Wxruby-dev] my wxruby starting version

From: repeater
Subject: RE: [Wxruby-dev] my wxruby starting version
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 21:04:05 +0200

Park Heesob wrote:
> Hi, wxRuby developers?
>
> Recently I started working on wxRuby again.
>
> I didn't use SWIG or Cable, just handmade.
>
> I think it  is not difficult to add class or method, but it need more time
> to make it complete.
>
> I uploaded my current version for Windows environment.
>
> Download, make a folder, unzip there, and test!
>
> http://www.sm-c.net/wxruby/wxruby.zip
>
> sample code : test.rb , minimal.rb
>
> Warning : it is not a release version, but a starting version.
>
> Regards,
> Park Heesob

hello Park Heesob

great new version !
i've played around with your previous version but got a bit stuck trying to
figure out that crash on the end, what was the cause of that btw ?

so you think that SWIG is not suitable for wxruby? well looking at how
fxruby did it, i can see there are some complexities involved. currently
your version will take a bit more effort than straight porting, though it
will give a good path to a finished project. there may be hidden future
costs, so can we perhaps discuss it a bit more ?

first glance, the code seems to follow some pattern with regularity, and it
would be great if we could add some automation. (yet i don't mind that much
playing dumb and following your example patterns)

anyway my free time is sparse right now, but if you can keep the ball
running, i'll see if i can join in as i get a breather.

regards
Peter