wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] my wxruby starting version - feedback

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] my wxruby starting version - feedback
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:26:00 +0200

Park Heesob (address@hidden) wrote:

Hello Park!

> Download, make a folder, unzip there, and test!
>

> sample code : test.rb , minimal.rb

Your wxruby works great!

I'm impressed with the speed in comparison with the Ruby-GTK and now
wxWindows looks like a great candidate for my default GUI toolkit.

The only small glitch I had is that I got the following error after
running test.rb:

$ ruby test.rb
test.rb:28:in `Append': cannot convert Range into Integer (TypeError)
        from test.rb:28:in `initialize'
        from test.rb:142:in `new'
        from test.rb:142:in `OnInit'
        from test.rb:156:in `initialize'
        from test.rb:156:in `new'
        from test.rb:156

However, after converting the range expression to explicit assignments,
ie.

MENU_FILE_OPEN = 1
MENU_FILE_SAVE = 2 etc.

everything is fine.

All I can say is that I congratulate you for giving us this wxruby
version and it promises that wxWindows can get wonderful Ruby bindings
which will surely help to establish wxWindows even more.

Since I'm Ruby newbie, as well as wxWindows Ruby, now I can start
learning in order to explore it more and maybe become knowledgable to
help with the transformation process, although I have a feeling that
SWIG semi-automatic process can be helpful.

What do you think?

What needs to be done to run it under Linux, just re-compile?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour