wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] my wxruby starting version - feedback

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] my wxruby starting version - feedback
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:24:46 +0200

Park Heesob (address@hidden) wrote:

> I think SWIG is not suitable for wxRuby. It makes too many overload and
> redundant codes.

OK. I believe you. Once again: wxRuby performance is terrific in
comparison with Ruby-GTK2, although I'm wondering what is the reason?

> Some source code modifications are required for Linux environment.
> I will test on Linux later this month.

Thank you very much (Linux is my primary platform, but if I write some
Ruby GUI application I'd like to be able to share it wiht Win users -
that's why it's great to have wxRuby.

> BTW, I uploaded the lastest version and sample codes again.

I didn't have enough time to see how much API you have covered, but
maybe to have some howto document explaining the transformation process
(if there is something specific) could help get some more helpers.

I'll give you feedback for the latest version :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour